Thursday, February 17, 2011

Book Thoughts: Vacation Reading

I leave for my first real vacation in ages on Saturday - taking a week-long cruise! It'll be awesome and relaxing. We've already planned all sorts of excursions, but there's going to be lots of downtime as well - downtime that will best be spent reading!

I have a ton of books checked out from the library (or libraries, really, since I'm now in an open relationship with both Queens Library and the New York Public Library, thanks to the former's lack of book buying for the next several months). Far more than I could ever take on this trip, but since I'll have a lot of time on my hands I'm not necessarily worried about reading the books in order of when they'll be due back. So I thought I would solicit some blog-reader input on which books I should take with me! Let me know either in the comments or in the embedded poll which books you think I should read while on vacation!

(Links lead to Goodreads pages)
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Badd by Tim Tharp
Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
Brain Jack by Brian Falkner
Captivity by Deborah Noyes
Edges by Lena Roy
Freaks and Revelations by Davida Wills Hurwin
Words in the Dust by Trent Reedy
To Come and Go Like Magic by Katie Pickard Fawcett
Teenie by Christopher Grant
Cry of the Giraffe by Judie Oron
Camo Girl by Kekla Magoon
Daughter of Xanadu by Dori Jones Yang

...What's kind of sad is that that isn't even the complete list of what I have checked out - just what I haven't decided for sure to take or leave. I know I'll be taking The Latte Rebellion by Sarah Jamila Stevenson and Dark Goddess by Sarwat Chadda with me because I'm super excited to read them (and the only reason I haven't already is because I just picked them up today and I already have another book in progress!).



Feel free to lobby for votes in the comments! If you make a really great argument, I might just include your choice(s), even if it doesn't make the voting cut...
Related Posts with Thumbnails