Friday, January 21, 2011

Bloggiesta Time!

For the third time, I'm participating in the Bloggiesta blogging challenge (and it's not too late for you to join in with me!). I first did the Bloggiesta last January and it really propelled me into joining the community of book bloggers, rather than just sitting in my own little corner talking to myself.

Unfortunately before I can really dig into the excitement of the Bloggiesta, I have to get through my work day. And then I have errands + date night with my husband (we were going to do this last night...and then it was ridiculously cold and windy). And I'm also planning on keeping with my resolution to get some writing on my novel done this weekend.

But every other waking moment? BLOGGIESTA!

Here's my provisionary to-do list:
  • Change the comment system. Either go with a popup or Blogger's comment page, or maybe even attempt to install Disqus, because I really, really hate that it takes at minimum three clicks to log in and comment with my current set up. If I get frustrated with it to reply to comments, how many people aren't even commenting in the first place?
  • Catch up on reviews
  • Clean up and update LGBT rec list
  • Create a feminist rec list
  • Add titles from my TBR spreadsheet to my Goodreads account
  • Update sidebar and other general blog maintenance
  • Update my Twitter presence
Comments and review catch up are my priorities - everything else is just gravy.

What are your Bloggiesta plans? (And if you have any experience in using a comment system other than Blogger's default, I'd love to get some feedback and pointers!)

4 comments:

Carina (Reading Through Life) said...

Looks great! I'm also thinking about changing/fixing my comment sytem, but I'm not sure yet.

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I'm really happy that Bloggiesta helped you join the community of book bloggers. It's a great place to be, is it not? Good luck this weekend. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Aarti said...

As someone who has been blighted from commenting here before, I commend your plans to change the system!

VERY excited for your rec lists!

Tara Martin said...

I'm also thinking about changing my comment system, but I have too much on my plate now. Maybe next Bloggiesta! Good luck achieving your goals.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails