Each Saturday You will post the answer to these questions about a book you read or reviewed in the last week. The number indicates the number of answers you will provide.
1 Book you read and/or reviewed this week: Gringolandia
2 Words that describe the book: Rediscovering family
3 Settings where it took place or characters you met:
- Santiago, Chile
- Madison, Wisconsin (in winter! About as different from Chile as possible)
- Daniel Aguilar - son of a protester against the dictator Pinochet, reunited with his father after six years
4 Things you liked and/or disliked about it:
- LIKED: Historical fiction about people of color!
- LIKED: Historical fiction about people of color that isn't slavery/civil rights movement!
- LIKED: Complicated look at doing the "right" thing
- LIKED: Brutal look at torture (so "liked" is a relative term here)
5 Stars or less for your rating? 3 stars
Be sure to check out my giveaway of Gringolandia!