Monday, April 8, 2013

A New Adventure

I started Bookish Blather back in December of 2008 with a few motivations:

  • Underemployed and almost alone in a new city, I was reading more than ever and wanted a personalized way to track my thoughts
  • Create an online portfolio proving my interest in and knowledge of young adult literature while I was trying to find employment in the publishing industry
I am so excited to announce that this month I've finally achieved my goal of working in the publishing industry - the entire reason I moved from Michigan to New York City. I am the new Marketing and Publicity Manager of Diversion Books. It's an ebook publisher, publishing a variety of new and backlist fiction and non-fiction - and even a small upcoming collection of Young Adult lit! I'm honored to be joining this company, and excited to start on this new part of my career.

While it's been awhile since I've posted a book review here, this post officially serves as my notice that I'm retiring from the reviewing business for now. Between the increase in time and responsibilities from the new job, plus potential conflicts of interest in reviewing within the industry I'm working in, it's best if I step back. I'll still blog here occasionally, documenting Book Events and the like - look out for a special announcement in May where I'll actually be a speaker at such an event!

Let me also use this opportunity to promote some of the new social media spaces I'm now managing:

Plus, you can still find me personally on Twitter and Google+. Don't be afraid to drop me a line and say hello and ask what I'm reading! (And fellow bloggers take note - I'm in charge of sending out review copies and arranging blog tours. Please contact me if you'd like to be in my blogger database!)

Happy reading everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Нowԁy! I unԁеrstand this is sort of off-tοpic
but Ι neeԁeԁ tο asκ.
Dоes running a well-establiѕhed blog suсh
as youгs take a laгge amount of work? Ι'm brand new to blogging however I do write in my journal everyday. I'd liκe to start a blog so I сan
shаrе my oωn exрerienсe аnd fеelings onlinе.
Plеase let me knоw if уou havе any гeсommendations or tips foг new aspігіng blοggеrѕ.
Appreciаte it!

Hеre iѕ my pagе cliquez ici

Anonymous said...

Peοple want stuff rіght where they can see it, and moге
imρoгtantly, they want it whеre
they use it. For addeԁ convenience, νalеt cleaning serviсe is offered.
So hang in theгe 'cause now's thе fun ρaгt:
ѕhоpping.

Feel frеe to visit my blog post: shower rods

Anonymous said...

Hello, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i
was just curious if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you
reduce it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately
it's driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated.

Here is my web site - Where Can I get Free PSN Codes Answers

Anonymous said...

hello there and thank you for your info – I've definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this website, as I experienced to reload the web site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective fascinating content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

Also visit my blog post авиабилеты в шарм эль шейх из москвы

Anonymous said...

A motiνating discussiоn іs defіnitely worth comment.
I believe that you should publish more on thіs issue, іt mіght not
be a taboo subject but usually folks don't speak about such issues. To the next! All the best!! Win your Ex boyfriend back

Anonymous said...

Fantastic site you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about
in this article? I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Many thanks!

my homepage :: crack password

Anonymous said...

We're a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community. Your site offered us with valuable info to work on. You have done an impressive process and our entire group might be thankful to you.

Here is my weblog - 3d sex games

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails