Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday!

It's Teaser Tuesday
Teaser Tuesday logo
a bookish blog meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Here's how it works: Grab your current read and let it fall open to a random page. Post two (or more) sentences from that page, along with the title and author. Don’t give anything vital away!

"As usual, Toby's letter was coded in Kernetin, which Toby and my cousin Veronica and I invented years ago so we could write notes to each other without the grown-ups being able to read them. Kernetin is based on Cornish and Latin, with some Greek letters and random meaningless squiggles thrown in to be extra-confusing. Also, it is boustrophedonic (I adore that word and try to say it as often as possible, but unfortunately it hasn't many everyday uses)." Page 5 A Brief History of Montmaray by Michelle Cooper (Just started this one this morning!)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This sounds good. I love the way they developed their own private language.

Mine is here

Jennifer said...

I adore the teaser! My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2009/12/saying-goodbye-to-2009-teaser-tuesdays.html

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails